On November 9, WE Arts presents Glow, Light Up Bright Workshop, a FREE beginners EL Wire workshop open to Adults and Kids over 8 years old (8-13 with parental supervision).
This workshop will instruct local residents & artists in the use of El Wire as a creative medium. El Wire is a battery-powered illuminated tubing that can be sown to garments or attached to equipment i.e. bicycles or used in creative designs to light up and even programmed to light up as multiple changing images.
The workshop will be lead by Andrea Arnot, a local West End artist, and will take place at the Gordon Neighbourhood House, 1019 Broughton St (at Nelson) in Vancouver’s West End.
What to bring…
1. your willing creative mind
2. your design or some ideas
3. 1 item to decorate: hat, jacket, t-shirt, umbrella, wings, tie, shoes, mask
4. parental supervision if 8 to 13 years old (sorry no one under 8)
What we will provide…
1. el wire kit & batteries (1 per person)
2. basic instruction & guidance
3. glue guns, sewing kits, scissors, zap-straps, tape, a few ideas and much more!
All participants will be invited to shine at the West End BIA’s Lumiere Festival on December 11 to 13, 2014. Space is limited. Register today!